We are recognized by the Department of Foreign Affairs for Work and Travel Programs.
See International Experience Canada Website.
About the Program
Whether you are planning to be a beach bum, a city slicker, or an Outback ranch hand....let us help you get a running start to your new adventure.
- You will be given step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a Working Holiday Visa (Why spend hours trying to figure out how to apply when we’ve already done it for you?)
- You will be provided with emergency support (so your parents won’t have to lie awake at night worrying about you)
- You will be provided with assistance for a full year. Think of having a tour guide/program advisor at your disposal! (“When do I need to file my taxes? Where is the best place to eat sushi? How do I buy a car here?)
- Get special discounts on travel and fun things to do (if you’re the type that likes to fly by the seat of your pants or plan ahead – you can get great prices with us)
- You will get a JOB FAST- you are given one year access to hundreds of job leads and personal job assistance from friendly and experienced staff members. Participants normally find work within 1-2 weeks to a MAXIMUM of 3 weeks (provided your expectations are to find entry level work)
Orientation Start Date
Monday to Friday year round (excluding holidays). To note - there is NO minimum amount of time that you need to go on this program. For instance, many participants go for just a summer in between school.
SAMPLE Hot Job List of Positions in Australia
Don’t worry! If you do not have your Working Holiday Visa already, as soon as you book your program we will send you step-by-step instructions on “how to apply”.
To be eligible for the program:
- You must be a Canadian citizen and resident with a CANADIAN PASSPORT (valid for at least the entire duration of your stay - in this case 1 year) to be eligible for this program
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 (and must not turn 31 before work permit is issued)
- You must have a clear Police Record
- Must have intermediate level of English
- You will need a Working Holiday Visa –cost $365 AUD (we will give you instructions of how to apply if you do not have one already)
- You must have Medical Insurance for the entire duration that you are in Australia – it is mandatory (if you would like to purchase through us - we offer a great insurance policy at a low premium)
After you are accepted into the program, we will send you a Welcome Letter which will include step by step instructions on how to complete the online Working Holiday Visa Application.
To be eligible for the working holiday visa:
- You must be able to prove with a bank statement that you have access to $5,000 AUD in available funds so that you can “make-do” while you are travelling and working. It is always advisable to have more than this amount when you are in Australia, just so you have enough funds to sustain yourself in case you decide to travel before you start work.
- Have never previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday Visa
- Meet health and character requirements
- Be outside of Australia at the time the working holiday visa is granted
- Must not have any dependent children
Note: Through the Working Holiday Visa, you are allowed to stay in Australia for 12 months and can work with one employer for up to 6 months. As well, you are permitted to study for up to 4 months. This program can be extended for one year if you fit the requirements. Please note that it is unlikely you will qualify for a Working Holiday Visa if you have dependent children accompanying you or if you have been convicted of a criminal offence.
Besides some of the great places listed below, The Matador Network has come up with 15 places that you can't miss if you visit Australia.
Click here to see some of these incredible locations.
Surfing at Bondi Beach – Sydney
Go to Wave Surf School! Spend a few days learning to surf from Sydney to Byron stopping at some of the country’s most pristine beaches.
Stay in cabins and surf camps as you progress an adventure towards Byron Bay. Experience the best un-crowded waves for progressing your surfing from beginner to advanced.
Crocodile Express – Brisbane and Cairns
Go on an Australian Zoo tour! A coach will collect you from your hostel and whisk you off for a day to remember.
See the feeding of the wild crocodiles; get up close and personal with some of Australia's unique wildlife such as kangaroos, emus and snakes. Head to the Animal Planet Crocoseum where you will experience wildlife like nowhere else!
Melbourne's Yarra Valley Wine Region
Spend a day doing wine tastings around Melbourne's premier wineries and see for yourself why Australian wines have exploded in popularity. With presentations, transport, tastings and food all included, this is a fun way to acquire a bit of viniculture sophistication.
Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
Head to Cape Jervis from Adelaide and sail across Backstairs Passage and set foot on Kangaroo Island. Amazing scenery and an abundance of wildlife await you, where you can even watch kangaroos feed off the lawn.
Dolphin Swim in Perth
Perth offers a fabulous opportunity to swim with dolphins in their natural habitat. Join the crew of Rockingham Dolphins for their daily swim with wild dolphins. You'll take a cruise out to the sheltered shallows of Rockingham's calm and clear bays, then, with your supplied mask and snorkel, it's time to enter the waters and experience life with any of the 180 bottlenose dolphins.