Working as a summer camp counselor can be a very rewarding experience. Not only do you get to have fun in the sun, but you also get to be a role model to the kids at your camp. Here are some of the program highlights:
- J1 Visa sponsorship
- A chance to work with a number of different camps across the USA
- Accommodations, meals and laundry are included
- Travel insurance for the length of the program - a requirement for the J1 Visa
- CCUSA support throughout the program
- Access to CCUSA Footprints Online Personal Support Site
- Access to CCUSA Tax Service for easy tax refund processing
To be eligible for the program:
Here are the requirements for this program. If you meet all of these requirements and are interested in the program, please register by clicking on the "Book Now" button.
- Will be at least 18 years old by June 1
- Will be available to work for at least 9 weeks from May /June to August
- Enjoy working with and being around children
- Are outgoing, cheerful, flexible and reliable
You will be required to pass an interview with one of our staff members before being accepted into the program.
The last day to apply is TO BE CONFIRMED. All applications accepted after this date will incur a non-refundable $75 CAD surcharge.
The US has so many great places to see and visit. If you decide to travel around before or after camp, here are some great places to explore!
Walk Across the Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco
The Golden Gate Bridge has been seen and photographed in movies, commercials, advertisements and vacation pictures making it the most visited bridge in the entire world. Walking and biking tours are available, just don't forget to bring a camera and jacket.
Universal Studios – Los Angeles
Lights, camera, action! You never know what will happen next when you visit Hollywood - "The Entertainment Capital of LA".
There is so much to see and do, you definitely won't be able to do it all in 1 day. Some of the more popular attractions are studio tours and movie-based theme park. Lines can be long, especially in the high season so be prepared for a long and adventurous day!
The Metropolitan Museum of Art - New York
Spend a day walking around the largest museum in the Western Hemisphere. Boasting over 2 million items from around the world, it's no wonder that there were over 6 million visitors in 2012 making it the most popular tourist site in New York.
Fenway Park - Boston
Take me out to the ball game! Fenway Park first broke ground in 1912 and since then has undergone many updates. Located right in the heart of downtown Boston, this historical place would be a great place to visit.
Capitol Hill - Washington DC
Take a tour around Capitol Hill, the home of the US Congress. You can book a tour for free but you will need passes!
CCUSA First Time Applicants 2016: $675 USD
1. Application Fee: $150 USD - Due when you submit your application
2. Acceptance Fee: $525 USD - Due once accepted into the program
CCUSA Returnees 2016: $545 USD
- You must apply for the program 4 weeks prior to departure.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information